SOCGEMS Monthly Meetings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at 7:00 pm pst.
MEETINGS ARE FREE AND OPEN TO ALL
Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at 7:00 pm PDT
The South Orange County Gem and Mineral Society is proud to welcome Robert Weldon
Robert Weldon winner of the Accredited Gemologists Association’s Antonio C. Bonanno Award for Excellence in Gemology for 2020.
>> UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL SOCGEMS GENERAL MEETING WILL BE HELD ONLINE <<
Please SIGN UP IN ADVANCE for our next online meeting!
SOCGEMS is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
TOPIC: SOCGEMS General Meeting October 2020 BONUS MEETING
The Cheapside Hoard
with Robert Weldon
ZOOM ROOM now opens at 6:45 pm PDT for social MEET and GREET
WHEN: October 21, 2020, 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
you will receive a confirmation email
containing information about joining the meeting.
Meetings of SOCGEMS are held on the third Wednesday of the month, 7:00 pm pst in the San Clemente Community Center, 100 N. Calle Seville, San Clemente (next door to the library). Guests are welcome at no charge. Speaker presentation is preceded by hospitality and refreshments, a raffle and brief business meeting. SOCGEMS Members are invited to field trips, special auctions, classes in lapidary, Junior Rock hound activities and more.
Join our resident Rock Hounds on one of our monthly field trips! Check here and (probably more up to date) the SOCGEMS facebook page for upcoming rock hounding field trips!
ROCKHOUND CODE OF ETHICS
Code of Ethics per The American Federation of Mineralogical Societies:* I will respect both private and public property and will do no collecting on privately owner land without permission from the owner.
* I will keep informed on all laws, regulations and rules governing collecting on private lands and will observe them.
* I will to the best of my ability, ascertain the boundary lines of property on which I plan to collect.
* I will use no firearms or blasting materials in collecting areas.
* I will cause no willful damage to property of any kind, such as fences, signs, building, etc.
* I will leave all gates as found.
* I will build fires only in designated or safe places and will be certain they are completely extinguished before leaving the area.
* I will discard no burning materials – matches, cigarettes, etc.
* I will fill all excavation holes, which may be dangerous to livestock.
* I will practice conservation and undertake to utilize fully and well, the materials I have collected and will recycle my surplus for the pleasure and benefit of others.
* I will support the Rockhound Project H.E.L.P. (Help Eliminate Litter Please) and will leave all collecting areas devoid of litter, regardless of how found.
* I will cooperate with Field Trip Leaders and those in designated authority in all collecting areas.
* I will report to my Club or Federation Officers, Bureau of Land Management or other proper authorities, any deposit of petrified wood or other material on public lands which should be protected for the enjoyment of future generations and for public educational and scientific purposes.
* I will appreciate and protect our heritage of Natural Resources.
* I will observe the ‘Golden Rule’, will use Good Outdoor Manners, and will at all times conduct myself in a manner which will add to the stature and Public Image of Rockhounds everywhere.
Guests and visitors are welcome at all General Assembly Meetings.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR here’s what’s coming up …
Each month it’s something new and interesting – we enjoy renowned speakers, field trips, and the pleasure of the company of other gem and mineral enthusiasts!