Founded in 1962, The South Orange County Gem and Mineral Society is a non-profit organization dedicated to stimulating interest in the earth sciences and lapidary arts by furthering the knowledge of its members and the public, by disseminating knowledge methods and procedures for the study, collections, and classification, of rocks, minerals and fossils, and the methods to cut, alter and fashion and convert earth science for specimens for lapidary purposes.
- monthly meetings, with educated, engaging speakers (and delicious snacks)
- informative newsletter keeps you up to date on shows, field trips, special events, industry news, and more
- large library of books and dvds
- access to programs through CALIFORNIA FEDERATION OF MINERALOGICAL SOCIETIES and AMERICAN FEDERATION OF MINERALOGICAL SOCIETIES
- access to lapidary equipment and instruction
- field trips for rock hounding, educational tours (like GIA), rock shopping (like special holiday privileges at the Jewel Tunnel)
- annual holiday party
- and much more!
Rock Lovers grab your hammers – let’s get out and EXPLORE!
Join us for single and multiple day field trips to educational events, rock hunting excursions, and more.
Learn to cut, polish, and engrave stones and gems for jewelry making. Members have access to the equipment and the professionals!
Club members have access to many learning opportunities including expert guest speakers, skills demos, an extensive lending library, and more.
Support the SOUTH ORANGE COUNTY GEM & MINERAL SOCIETY
The South Orange County Gem & Mineral Society is a 501c(3) Nonprofit Corporation based in San Clemente, CA. All revenue goes to support Society activities including year round educational events, field trips, member events, research, and publications. Your support goes directly to increasing awareness and growing the knowledge and appreciation for the hobby and science we all love. ONLINE GIVING AVAILABLE SOON
Club Members are welcoming, inclusive, and happy to share their passion for rocks and minerals and gemstones! Held at the San Clemente Community Center, Monthly Meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month – They are open to all so stop by – WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
Please print, complete, and mail in form with a check for your desired membership level.
If you like, you may bring your form and a check with you to our next scheduled meeting.